NOTICE TO MEMBERS
BALLOT FOR ELECTION OF CHAPTER OFFICERS (FISCAL YEAR 2015-2016)
The 2015 Annual General Meeting of the Sri Lankan Chapter-171 of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineers will be held on Saturday 6th June 2015 at the Renuka City Hotel, 328, Galle Road, Colombo 03 at 6.30 pm. New Chapter Officers for the fiscal year 2015-2016 will be voted upon at this meeting.
1. If you are unable to be present for the Annual General Meeting, the signed BALLOT by POST (Please see reverse of this notice) must be received at the Returning Officer’s Office, ASHRAE Sri Lankan Chapter-171, C/o. Mr. T. Yogasabapathipillai, Metropolitan Office Limited, No.12, Magazine Road, Colombo 08. Tel: 0777 344817.
2. Please mark the BALLOT with a ‘X’ in ink in the space provided. You may write upon the BALLOT, the name of any eligible member* for whom you wish to vote, to be cast for Chapter Officers, if such a name does not appear on the BALLOT. Please also enclose a written statement from the person you propose, confirming his acceptance of being put forward to the office you propose.
If you wish to vote for all candidates for Chapter Officers, as shown on the BALLOT, you are requested to mark the BALLOT with a ‘X’ in the space provided against the name already on the BALLOT paper.
3. For members desiring to vote in person, polls will be opened at 9.30 A.M. and will remain open till 5.00 P.M. on 02nd 03rd & 04th June 2015 at the Returning Officer. Mr. T. Yogasabapathipillai, Metropolitan Office Limited, No.12, Magazine Road, Colombo 08. Tel: 0777 344817.
4. For members desiring to vote in person at this Annual General Meeting, polls will be opened at 6.30 P.M. and will remain open till 7.00 P.M. at the Renuka Hotel, Galle Road, Colombo 03 on 6th June 2015.
5. All BALLOTS will be opened and counted by the Returning Officer at the Annual General Meeting on 6th June 2015.
6. AN ELIGIBLE MEMBER IS ONE WHO HAS PAID HIS/HER DUES TO ASHRAE – USA AND THE LOCAL CHAPTER BY 1st JUNE 2015.
ASHRAE POLICY STATEMENT
“The office shall seek the person rather than the person seeks the office” This is the policy which governs the nominations for Society Office and is the reason why only one name appears on the BALLOT for each position to be filled. It is recognised that the strength of the society depends upon the quality of its leadership. The Nominating Committee representative both geographically and of areas of interest, selects those nominees who it believes can best serve the interest of the Society, from a list recommended by individual members and by the Chapter Regional Committee meetings. If a substantial group of members feels that other persons should be considered, it can make additional nominations as provided by the By-Laws.
ASHRAE SRI LANKAN CHAPTER-171 FOLLOWS THIS POLICY.