Dear ASHRAE member,
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF ASHRAE SRI LANKAN CHAPTER 2014-2015
As per Manual of Chapter Operations of ASHRAE the election of office bearers for the session from 1st
July 2015 to 30th
June 2016 has to be completed within the month of June 2015.
As such the AGM has been fixed on Saturday the 6th
June 2015 at 1830 hrs at Renuka Hotel, Galle Road, Colombo 03 followed by dinner.
Based on the decisions of the Nominating Committee and subsequent opportunity given for General Membership for more nominations, a ballot paper was prepared for election of office bearers as attached herewith.
Following is the agenda for the day:
- 1830 -Registration and casting of vote ( if opted to cast at the AGM)
- 1900 -Lighting oil lamp by the Board of Governors
- 1910 -Speech by the President
- 1925 -Minutes of last AGM by the secretary
- 1935 -Report from the Treasurer
- 1945 -Counting the votes by the Returning Officer
- 2000 -Declaration of new office bearers
- 2005 -Induction of new office bearers
- 2015 -Speech by the new President & declaration of Committee Chairs
- 2020 -Appointing Auditors, Secretaries and Returning Officer
- 2022 -Any other matters
- 2030 -End of formal proceedings & proceed to photographs, fellowship & dinner
All the members are encouraged to participate the AGM as it will be a unique opportunity for members to meet each other and share their ideas and views.The nominated office bearers are kindly requested to confirm to the full suit dress code as usual.A ticket has been priced at a subsidized rate of Rs.1, 000/= for members currently listed as “Active or Grace” in the ASHRAE website. All the members except the new members enrolled after 1st
April 2014 are requested to pay the Chapter Fee at Rs.500/- for the current session ending on 30th
June 2015 latest by 06th
June 2015. All the members are requested to pay up the chapter fee for the next session commencing from 1st
July 2015 at the registration desk.
Please confirm your participation by 31st
May 2015 in order to finalize the head count.
ASHRAE Sri Lankan Chapter – 171